Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Praise the Lord

Josh once again.

Day four after my first boxing class and I'm starting to regain control over my own limbs, but it's still a sore process. Get it? Sore? Like the soreness I've been complaining about for every single post I've made? Well that soreness still hasn't gone away in my arms if that's what you were wondering and I found that out when I went to the gym to work out this morning.

Due to a few scheduling conflicts with the evening assembly and all, we decided to forego the class in the evening and do our own workout instead. That's when I found out how terribly out of shape I really am.

Don't get me wrong; I knew going into this project that I would most likely not survive to tell the tale due to my complete lack of exercise in the past year. I wanted to chronicle my journey through a blog so there will be a record right up until the point I passed out, but wow. I know I don't lift much and very rarely go to the gym (we're talking 3 times a month if we round up) but walking into the gym this morning, I expected to be able to do a routine workout of just a few bench presses and some arms and do some core to finish it off. Little did I know, the after-effects of my grueling one class of boxing would leave me fearing for my life. I knew I was in trouble when I felt my arm buckle from doing HALF the normal amount of weights I put on. Thankfully, I hadn't started with much weight so I was still able to barely get it off of my chest but the fact that I had to struggle that much to survive really humbled me and made me question the viability of training 5 days a week, two hours per session.

Knowing this, I finished my workout of conditioning and core (mostly light weights with multiple reps) and then Daphne and I and the other project group made an executive decision to lessen the number of lessons per week for the sake of our health and sanity. Thankfully, our merciful savior, aka Ms. Engstrom our project mentor, decided our reason was fair enough and allowed us to have "light" workout days where we would work out in the fitness center instead of supervised lessons at the boxing studio. Therefore, my future posts won't always have the exciting adventures of the studio 5 times a week but instead only 3-4 times a week. But no need to fret! My blog posts will still be just as frequent regardless of whether I went to the studio that day or not and I will keep y'all updated!

With Much Love,
Josh

No comments:

Post a Comment